‘Enda’ is a Swahili word that means ‘go!’. We are a running footwear and apparel brand and production company building on, and contributing to, Kenya’s reputation as the world champion of distance running. Working with world class designers, developers and Kenyan athletes, we create performance running shoes that capture the skills and experience of Kenyan athletes.
We’re entering a crowded an complicated market, and can’t wait to change the way runners think about footwear. We want to end the pseudo-science of overpronation, stop the needless product “upgrades” that happen every year, and build a running culture about helping and lifting each other up.
Through Kenyan production, global sales, and persistent storytelling, Enda provides a means through which runners globally can connect to Kenyan running greatness. We are also contributing a portion of our sales to support local causes in Kenya, thus spreading the benefits of the running industry to people in Kenya.
About the role
We need someone with drive. The energy of a sprinter, tactics of a middle-distance racer, and endurance of a marathoner.
- Serving as a senior leader within Enda to help plot the strategic growth and ongoing success of the company.
- Developing, testing and scaling techniques for connecting with new customers and creating demand for Enda’s products.
- Top to bottom management of Enda’s presence at targeted race expos around the United States.
- Creating a sales plan to get Enda products into stores frequented by customers who are most likely to be interested in Enda products.
- Production content for social media and email to drive sales and engagement with Enda runners.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Charisma and an infectious joy for running.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the running footwear industry.
- A deep seated motivation for social good.
- Exceptional communications talent across a range of mediums.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience as a leader and spokesperson.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re looking for a true partner in building this startup. Initially the compensation for this role will be a mix of equity in the company and commission, giving you a real stake in our long term success, with a long term plan of being a salaried role.
Please check out the video below for full instructions on how to apply. Then simply complete the form on this page.